Saturday, March 24, 2007

New OB.

Well....I've switched doctors. I hated to do it, but needed to to feel safe and comfortable with my decision on where to deliver. The hospital we originally planned to deliver at is located about 15 minutes from our home. It also does not have a nursery that can handle any sort of respiratory problems at they would be loaded into an ambulance and shipped to the local children's hospital downtown. Leaving Chad to decide if he stays with me or follows the baby/babies.......That's not a decision he needs to have to make. So, Thursday I called my doctor's office. I fully expected to leave a voice message for the nurse, but was surprised when she answered the phone. Even more surprising is that she had picked up my chart as she was answering the phone. How bizarre is that? Well, I discussed my concerns with her, and explained that the office did nothing to make me change my decision, rather the need to advocate for our babies and ensure they were save and have available all necessary services. I hope and pray that they do not need NICU services, but there is a 50/50 chance they will need services of some sort. Am I overreacting? Maybe. But I don't want to regret anything for a minute. Friday, my OB's nurse left a message for me to call. Once I called the office, she gave me the name of a different OB to treat us that delivers at the hospital I work at. Luckily, I have heard great things about this physician from both singleton and twin mommies. I will see her for my first appointment on April 16th. I was even able to get a late afternoon appointment, which is a rare occurence it seems. Of course, my coworkers think they will be able to visit me a random.....I might have to register at the hospital with "no info" so they can't find me! Ha! Just kidding.
Ok, enjoying the great, but rainy, weather. It was in the high 60's earlier today and is supposed to continue to be in the 60-70's the rest of the week! My daffodils are blooming, with many more bulbs ready to bloom in the next week or two!
Later, Jennie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing, you sure don't want to be at one hospital and the babies at another, too much stress for you and Chad. You also do not need to worry about that happening and Chad having to make the decision where to be.
love you Mom